First, the praise. My honey had a cat scan last week and we found out today that it shows a 70% reduction in the size of the lymph nodes. Amen thank You Lord Jesus. And thank you prayer warriors.
Second, I wasn't going to mention it on this blog but ........ I am anyway
It's foggy outside. Seriously. For like the third day in a row. It is beautiful, but I would love to see some sunshine. However, I have decided to praise God for my blessings and not to complain about things. It's not that I want to complain, I think sometimes I fall into a habit of negative thinking. Stinkin Thinkin.
I feel like God lead me to A Holy Experience blog, her writing is so beautiful that I just feel like I can hear God whisper right into my soul.
(In)Courage had such a great message. I love the way the writers take everyday experiences and dig into them and then relate those feelings into our spiritual walk with Christ. Brilliant and real.
Then Layla at the Lettered Cottage blog wrote about a time in her life where her husband and her were struggling financially and how a random act of kindness, a pay it forward kind of thing, turned their life around. Go read it, she is guest blogging at Lysa Terkeurst, which lead me to Lysa Terkeurst, 'nough said.
AND then, as if that wasn't enough and clearly it was, God gave me one more nugget, Beth Moore's new book came out today. I had a wonderful conversation with my friend, Dawn another Texas Blogging Gal, about what she got out of the first chapter that is available online. Am I the last person in the blog world, or the world for that matter, that didn't know about this before hand? Go read it if you haven't already. I am going to join the So Long Insecurity Discussion Group. What about you? Want to? I'll meet you there.
And thirdly, we were almost gassed! For real. Carbon monoxide. Yesterday evening, I smelled gas and thought it was the guest bedroom bathroom because it's not used much. So, I went in there and flushed the toilet and ran water in the sink and shower.
While I was cooking dinner the carbon monoxide detector went off. RS & I went in the attic and turned off the gas line to the HVAC and opened some doors and windows. After a time the gas cleared out and the alarm stopped beeping. This morning we discovered what had happened.
See this, it is the intake, exhaust vent lines. It takes exhaust from the heater out through the vent in the roof and the other line takes in fresh air. The best we can figure is at some point melting ice and snow slid from the top of the roof and hit the vent thingy and broke the lines on the inside. That was my best technical jargon for the exhaust was venting into the attic and the intake was right beside it taking it back through the house.
Come to think of it RS has had a constant headache for a couple of days now and I have had one too. And I have been feeling pretty fatigued lately.
Donny and Augustine came over and put the temporary fix on it until it until the snow and ice melts completely and they can get on the roof and fix the whole thing. Donny wrapped up every joint there was, just in case he said. I love him. He and his crew look after us and we need that.
This is a precautionary tale to remind you and anyone you know and love. With our heaters working overtime check your carbon monoxide alarms, make sure they are working. And if you smell anything gassy (other than your beloved) check you units. Make sure what happened to us isn't happening to you.
K, cause I love you, that's why.
And now, because I took them today, I'm showing you more pictures of the horses.
I can't help myself.
I love them.
I love them.
I want to leave you with the Word that Layla used so beautifully in her testimony today. It spoke to me.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be pored into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:37, 38