Monday, September 7, 2009

New Music Monday

I love music.  And I am loving Life Light Up, Christy Nockels
One of my early favorite's is "A Mighty Fortress," this song I put on repeat and just let it play.  The first line starts off with one of my favorite images of God,  "Our God is, a consuming fire, a burning holy flame, with glory and freedom."  

One of my favorite bible studies was Daniel, by Beth (can I just call her by her first name, after all she is one of my BFFs) Moore.  She is such a gifted teacher.  She cuts right through to the very heart for me and then takes me with her.  That's how I know we're best friends, sister's even. 

I love the visions that Daniel had and the description of God.  Chapter 7, vs 9

As I looked,
"thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousands stood before him.

The court was seated, 
and the books   -    were opened
 
Whew, can I just say whew!!!!  Praise God, thank you for Jesus.  Lord, I don't want to make light of your Majesty or your Holiness.  I can't even begin to comprehend All that You are.  I thank you Lord that You would look my way.  That the eyes of the One who is the Ancient of Days, would see me, that Your ears would hear my cries for help and that You would breathe on me and give me your Holy Spirit.  

vs 13  "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.  He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.  He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshipped him.   His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Chapter 10, verse 6 - what I love about ithis is the description of what He looked like. 

 vs 6. His body was like chrysolite, he face like lightning, he eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the multitude.  

In the book of Revelation chapter 1, vs. 12 - 15

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me.  And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to this feet with a golden sash around his chest.  His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.  His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.  In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double edged sword.  His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.  


So, I guess what I started out to tell you was I loving the new Christy Nockels cd but what I have ended up saying, is that God is the One that I love and only because He first loved me and  only because He won't leave me where He found me and that He is faithful and true and will never leave me unfinished.  

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You
So we can set our hearts on You
Lord we will set our hearts on You!

A mighty fortress is our God 
A sacred refuge is Your Name
Your Kingdom is unshakable
With You forever we will reign.

Can you imagine?  In the vision of Daniel when the courts were seated and the books were opened, and the ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him, we were there.  Already we were there.  Our momma's and our daddy's, our babies, our loves; we were there with Him.  He knew us already.  

I'm speechless.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin