Thursday, January 21, 2010

Homestead

Before I go into this old house I need to tell you the back and forth saga of my Haiti bound soldier son.  Not.  They left, went as far as Florida, waited all day, loaded back on the plane and headed back to base.  So, he's still in the states.............YEAH.............umm, I'm just sayin.  Anyway, he says they will probably still go, but he doesn't know when, he doesn't know why they turned around.  He says they don't tell him these things.  *shrug* okay - fine I can live with that, whatever.  

All righty then.


This is an old homestead of a family we lease land from.  The man we lease from grew up in this house.






I love the metal siding, I have never seen this style before. 

My dad tells the story of the house he grew up in.  On winter mornings there would be frost in his room and how at night he could lay in bed and see the stars outside.  Burr, that would be some cold nights and mornings.  I bet they didn't take long getting dressed.   
Some might see this as a sad old house, but I don't see it that way.  I like it, it's interesting to me, it has history and from the artist eye, some really cool textures and colors.  I would love to put that siding in my house ..... somewhere.

9 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

The rust pattern on the old abode is just amazing! Is my artist eye showin? Oh, I am releived for you, when I heard of the secondary quake, I immediately thought of your son. You are in my prayers girl, I sure hope your feelin' them.

Enjoy this day and may it be overfilled with bountiful blessings!!!!

Tanna said...

The sheet metal on that old homestead looks like a mosaic... boy, if those walls could talk.

Nice to meet you, Jerri... visiting through Texas Blogging Gals. My hats off to your son for serving our country and to his family for sharing him with the rest of us. Hope they get the Haiti thing figured out.

Deb said...

I love it...if those walls could talk...could you imagine all the stories...

Deb said...

I just read the other comments...didn't know Noni had said the same thing...oh well...I thought I was so original...I guess us Texas gals think alike...

Anonymous said...

I saw "Trading SPaces" do a wall treatment, what was her name? Genevive? I think -- it was really neat. She did it w/metal and some type of chemicals. (It was a few years back, before 2003 for sure that the episode aired.) A few. That's 7. Wow, time flies. Love your horse photos - they do have a way with words don't they? Sounds like you're going through a lot. Lot to bear. Your son, your hubby ... lots going on. (Heavenly Father, I lift Jerriann up to You this very moment. I lift her to You - You know her heart and her tears and her thoughts. I pray she is able to guard her heart through the Holy Spirit, I pray that You wrap her in Your love and grant her peace beyond understanding in this time of turmoil, frustration and unknown. I pray that her husband be able to sleep and rest. That his recovery be just that, recovery and that his struggle within his heart and mind and body be tempered by Your love and Spirit, to help him bear these things and get well. Bless him with healing I ask. And for the son, Father, You know where he needs to go and be and what he needs to do - I pray alongside Jerriann that he is protected and safe. Lord, I just lift this family to You. We are so in need of Your hand and the things that only You provide. Thank You, Father. Thank You. In the name of Yeshua, Christ our Savior. Amen.) Love, Jenn

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's very interesting and I like all of the texture. Love the history too.

A very big thank you to your son for serving this country and to you also because I know it's a huge sacrifice for you as well.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Jerri! I JUST saw where you left me a comment asking for help. I apologize for not seeing it earlier, but I have not been receiving any of my comments via email! I had no idea people were still visiting me! Let me know if you still need me. Kipmistiengland@bellsouth.net. I miss you!

Diana Ferguson said...

Jerriann,

This was a first.

Send me your email; I will email the code.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I found your blog from Texas Blogging Gals -- so cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin