Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stamping with the Oldies

I am not on a blogging break, I went to school.  How 'bout that.  My husband and I  left at 5 am Tuesday morning picked up Donnie and his son Blayze and drove 16 hours, yes you read it right SIXTEEN,  six and teen, sweet 16 hours to Mississippi.  Did you spell the word?  Okay, sothe drive down was fun and it seemed to go faster than the 16 hours it took.  We got there around 8:30 that night.  

Class started the next morning at 8.  We learned to work with a product called Flex-c-ment.  Go to their web site, it's some cool stuff.  It is used for stamping and texturing horizontal and vertical surfaces.  Stay tuned, there will be more of this to come.

Most of the men in the class were learning skills to add to their trade and make a living, so I kind of stood back and watched.  I will get enough practice here at home, we have several projects to use it on.  One of which is the porch, anybody remember that, you can go here to see that.  

We begin by mixing up the cement.  I have always wanted one of these tools.  You can't really see it in this picture but it is one of those big . . . ah what's the word . . . tools that stir big stuff, yea, that's it.  A big stirrer.  I want one. 

Teacher Mike shows Blayze how to trowel it on the wall.


We've gotten a couple walls stamped up by now, this one that Blayze is doing is one of the hardest ones they have.  He, by the way did a fantastic job on everything, a talented young man, just graduated high school.  That's his dad Donnie looking on.
Here are some of the finished products.  We kind of "pimped" them out like Mike told us to do.  Just to get use to the colors and not to be afraid of using them.





This one is my favorite.  I love the wood plank and cobblestone, two different stamps.

This one on the floor is flagstone, I saw one that the color was more realistic and the grout lines were larger, this I learned is a one finger grout line, usually flagstone uses a two or three, so I'm just sayin, cause now I'm in the "know", um hmm.  Also this is not a stamp, it is one we cut, lots of fun.

So, that's it!  What do you think?  Leave a comment.  I could use the encouragement cause yesterday when the class was over we hopped right back in that car and drove, yes, until 10:00 last night, stopped fell in bed and got up this morning bright and early and drove all day again.  My butt muscles are sore from sitting so long. 

I'm a tired girl.

But I must tell you of the hospitality, the couple who we met there treated us to a shrimp boil.  Fresh caught, gulf shrimp, the biggest I have ever seen, sorry no pictures, I was busy talking.  And homemade deer and pork sausage, the best ever, and sweet, sweet people.  Even though it was a slamming, middle of the week experience, it was fun and I am glad that I got to be there to experience it. 

4 comments:

Belinda said...

O when can I come LEARN how to do this??? Or you come do mine??? I LOVE IT.............Holy Moly what fun..I am very interested in this sister.Call me.

Dawn Jenkins said...

I am seeing you and me stampin' floors in the future...ha! I miss you sooooooooo much! Can't wait to hear your latest on Crazy Love.
love ya
Dawn

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Gorgeous! I am going to need some lessons from you because we want to do some stamping on our back porch and the new area we are starting on in the backyard! I can't wait to see what you do with all of your new knowledge!

HappyascanB said...

Love it!!! We had our back patio extended with this type of stuff last summer, and we Love it!!!!! Keep us posted on your progress!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin