I have always wanted to be queen. Thanks Dawn for passing on the crown.
and now I am one, ahem, for the day. Chuckle, who am I kidding I've been one for-ev-e-rr! (quick what movie was that from?)(Thanks PW). Just ask the husband.
So here's the set up:
1. List seven 7 things that make you Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 seven bloggers you love (if you want to).
2. Make sure to tag the recipients and let them know that they have won!
3. ALso link back to the Queen, that's me, that tagged you.
I guess that's it. So now on with the Awe-Summm-ness. I've never thought of myself that way, so this is totally tongue-in-cheek;
1. I survived my teens. That's Awe-Summm, more yet my Mom survived my teens!
2. My children survived me being their mother. Better yet, they love me!
3. My friends are my sisters in Christ, now that's Awe-Summm!
4. My step-children love me, or at least like me. Now this is reeaalllly Awe-Summm!
5. My man has stayed married to me, even though I am from another planet than he. Awe-Summm.
6. God gave me grandchildren, they are a crown to the aged. It's hard to think of me as "aged" but I guess that's what I am, cause I got me some children's children. Awe-Summm.
And 7th. Christ, He healed the blind so that I could see, He gave me ears to hear and He changed my heart so that I could love. THAT'S Awe-Summ-ness-est!
Seven 7 blogs to nominate:
1. I'm going to return the favor and send this one to Gail from Down Under, she is a sister in Christ and a faithful follower of Christ. She gave her testimony at her church not long ago and that is something that is awesome.
2. Jill, at a Pocket Full of Posies, I have just began reading her blog, she is a creative person and she inspires me to keep trying and just let the creativity flowing. Which is hard to find, Awe-Summm.
3. Janera at My Garden Hat She's been on a blog break but I think she will be back in a few weeks, so here's one more thing to work with.
Sorry, I think that's it,
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My Passionate friend from Down Under has given me an award. Thank you Gail. She is passionate about her Savior Jesus Christ. I love that about her.
1. I am Passionate about Jesus. His Names, His Word, His life, His Spirit, His Father. When I was new in my faith I found a poster with all His names on it. I didn't know at that time that Jesus had other names. I loved the first name listed, Prince of Peace. I have learned that we may get older but there is still that little girl or boy in all of us. And this little girl never stopped wanting her Prince to rescue her and carry her off on a white horse, white picket fence, white house on the hill. Only I was no princess. I turned my eyes to Jesus, his love, complete and perfect, changed my heart to see the ones standing before me in a love I had never known. Now I have my Prince of Peace and my knight in shining armor.
2. I am passionate about our kids. We are a blended family I had two girls and a boy and he had two boys and a girl. That's right, we're the Brady Bunch. I am passionate about these kids. I celebrate their lives with them and watch in amazement as they have stepped out into the world as adults. Whew, you thought raising teenagers was scary, try letting go and watching your little birds fly. Some were more ready than others but fly they have. And then they came back with little ones of their own. "There are but two things we should give our children; one is roots the other wings." author unknown
3. I AM passionate about the grandchildren. We have been blessed with 6 and we have two on the way. They are a "crown to my age" Proverbs 17:6, they are so precious. I stand in amazement at how God created us. I will never as long as I live forget the first time I saw Sarah really show that she was excited to see her Nanoo. And the time that Tyler and I had our first conversation. He was not talking yet, probably around 6-9 mths old and we made sounds back and forth. It was a conversation and those who were standing around watching knew it too. And Caleb, what a beautiful little boy, he is a lover. Then came Sydney, whew you want to see some blue eyes, this little girl has them. Then there is Nicholas. A couple of weeks ago when his family came to stay with us, I was amazed at how the bigger kids didn't faze him at all. He was right there with them, running in the backyard whatever they were doing. And ooh, baby Anah Grace, she just smells sweet. We made a ton of eye contact the other day when she was here and I got her to smiling. And she has those sweet baby cheeks. Danya's kids have the best cheeks. And smart. That was just a sentence in on it's own, they all are!
Sarah is almost 7 and Tyler is 6 and Caleb is almost 5, Syndey is almost 2 and Nicholas is 16 months, Anah is two months and Hadley is due in August and baby eight is due in December. It can get pretty exciting around here.
4. I am passionate about taking pictures. I won't call it photography because I don't know enough about the whys and the hows to know what the heck I just did, but the pictures still come out good. I am in the process of learning about the whys and hows. Photography is my one of my missed callings. I started a photography class back in my early twenties but then I met a guy and turned in another direction, I got great kids as a result of that diversion, which is way better and great subjects for photography but, I never finished that class. Now my mind doesn't retain the information I read as well. I think I've got it, but then I get away from the book and realized I don't have it. Bummer. But that's okay, I'll get it.
5. I am passionate about Christ. I said that already but Christ deserve another mention. I am passionate about sharing my testimony with others. I have walked quite a journey in this world and it tore me up. By telling others how broken I was and how Christ gently took my hand and walked me out of that pit, then they too will know that they can trust their lives to Him. I have shared this testimony almost a dozen times, and it is the desire of my heart that God will continue to open doors for me to tell our story again. I am most passionate about Christ.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now for the business of awarding:
1. Put the logo on you blog.
2. Write 5 things you are passionate about apart from blogging, cause we all know this thing can consume you.
3. Tag 5 other people.
The 5 Bloggers that I want to pass this on to is:
1. Dawn at The Daughter of The King of Kings.
2. Bethany at Happy As Can Be.
3. Charla (SHar-la) at Cowgirl A Heart.
4. Jill at A Pocket Full of Posies.
5. Belinda at Eddins Four.
As you know, "it's not love until you give it away," .