Monday, March 8, 2010

Guest Room - Makeover

The makeover is going great, I have about two weeks to get into shape before my guest gets here.  It's kind of her room because she stays in the most.  Maybe in the next post I will talk about who she is.  But, I think the make over will be just as comfortable for any gentleman staying in the room.  

I read on someone's blog last week that if you use candle wax on your furniture before you paint when it is time to sand the painted finish off, it will be tons easier.  So I grabbed one of my Christmas candles, since they were broken, and started to rub the wax on the edge of the bed.  BUT, it seemed like too much work ( I can't even believe I just wrote that).  


Before.




Ooh, a little scary.  


Too late to turn back now.


Oh.


My.

Goodness.


I love it!


There's no turning back now.  I am officially a black paint fan.

FYI/BTW, I will never, no never, not use the candle wax again!  When I got to the area that I had rubbed the wax on it was way easier, hello-wa.  

Next.


Turquoise.  

Hmm yummy.



Updated to add:  Beneath My Heart - end of the month party.  This is my first link up craft party.  I'm a little nervous.  

20 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oh girl, I DO look forward to seeing the next steps!!! love that bed!!!

suzanne

Deb said...

looks good...your guest will love it..

Ann said...

Your makeover is stunning. Just the right color.
Ann

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yippee, the black bed is a winner! It's gorgeous girlfriend.

I can't wait to tour the whole room.

God bless and have a glorious day!!!

Gamma Sharon said...

Oh wow! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Good trick - good result! Nice! How about the treatment today? Three more to go? You/hubby will be in my prayers this week. Only trust Him.

HappyascanB said...

That looks awesome! I'm a little confused, though. . . . did you really rub candle wax over it and then paint on top of the wax? or did you strip it after the wax coating? Sorry, stupid question perhaps but I'm not an experienced crafter like you! :)

jerriann said...

Happy As Can Be,

The idea with the candle was is to use it only on the areas that you want to distress. I used it only on one spot and then thought it was too much work to go over all the areas that I wanted to distress.

Sorry I wasn't more clear on that. But I thank you for asking the question.

Dawn Jenkins said...

Charla and I need instructions b/c this painting is amazing

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Looks wonderful. Your room is gonna be great. I am gonna try that candle wax technique sometime. I love learning stuff on blogs.

Wendy said...

Love it! I liked how you said "no turning back now" that first stroke is sometimes the hardest! It is beautiful...can't wait to see your next piece!!
Wendy

Katie said...

I have the exact same bed in my house and I just love what you did with it!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Oh My Stars!!! This looks GREAT!!! Seriously....GREAT!!

Can't wait to see more! I am a follower!

Lou Cinda :)

Tina said...

Hi I have just popped on over from the linky party at traci's Beneath My Heart. Your bed makeover is GORGEOUS! You must be so thrilled with how it turned out! Thanks for the advice about using the wax candle - filed for future reference:) Wishing you a wonderful day ~ Tina

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Oh wow... LOVE it! Your bed looks fantastic. I am with you when it comes to black paint... I paint MANY things black... and I love it!

Tara G. said...

Fantastic!!

A Southern Rose said...

Amazing! I love it!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful! I love it in black.

Miss Obara said...

Oh my! I love how this looks. I can not wait to see the night stand!! Great JOB!!!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Your bed looks gorgeous! I love the way it turned out. I used the candle wax before and it does make it so much easier. I didn't use it on my bed and I am kicking myself for not doing it! Thank you soooo much for linking up to my party! I hope you had fun!
Blessings,
Traci

Blog Widget by LinkWithin